This pin was a fun patriotic dessert found here:
The recipe is super easy to follow and yields 2 pies.
2 Graham Cracker Pie Crusts
1 pkg 6 oz. Strawberry Jello
2 C Diced Strawberries
1/4 C Sugar
2 pkg 8 oz Cool Whip
1 pkg 8 oz. Cream Cheese, softened
1 8oz can of Crushed Pineapple, drained
Blue Food Coloring
Make the Blue cream layer first.
1. Add softened cream cheese and sugar, mix with a hand mixer.
2. Add in drained pineapple and 1/2 of 1 of the Cool Whip containers.
3. Mix in drops of blue dye to turn mixture blue
4. Pour 1/2 of this blue mixture into each of the pie crusts.
5. Add the other half of the mixture to the other pie crust.
6. Chill in the fridge while making the Jello
Strawberry Jello layer
1. Add 1 1/2 C boiling water to Jello mix and stir until dissolved.
2. Add 2 C ice, stir until melted
3. Mix in Strawberry slices… I love to use my little strawberry core tool called the Stem Gem. It also makes my kids think it is fun to help.
Then, I slice the strawberries in my egg slicer. SO FAST!
4. Chill in fridge until it starts to firm…about 5 minutes
Filling the pies
1. Spoon the Jello mixture over the blue cream filling
2. Chill for 4 hours or so so the Jello will fully set.
3. Top with Cool Whip when you serve
This recipe is oh.so.delicious. I will say, it was EASY to make but I definitely wasn’t able to make it as pretty as the photo! I think I need to get the whip cream figured out!