This is the pin I chose to try for the week:
Canvas Banner (I bought mine from 7 Gypsies)
Ink Jet Printer
Embellishments (I used some My Minds Eye borders)
Ribbon (I used the matching package of MME twine and some black ribbon)
- Type your letters in a word processing program, or I used Photoshop Elements. I would recommend only doing 1-2 letters each time because the longer it sits, the lighter the letters end up being. (The ink begins to dry)
- Securely tape a piece of wax paper on top of a piece of paper to feed through your ink jet printer.
- Switch your image to mirror image on your printer settings.
- Print the letter onto the wax paper. Caution: The ink will be very wet. It doesn’t absorb into the wax and this is how the transfer works.
- Place the wax paper on your banner (ink side down) and smooth with your fingers.
For this "P" I let the ink sit for a minute and it turned out REALLY light. I had to reprint the letter and put it on top of this attempt to get it a decent shade. So... rush that letter onto the canvas when you are done printing!
- Remove the wax paper and your transfer is complete!
- Embellish as desired.
- Add ribbons and tie each triangle together. TIP: I didn’t like how “kinky” my ribbon looked because it was in a package. So, I just flattened it out with my flat iron for my hair! Worked like a charm!
This “SPOOKY” banner isn’t scary to make after all!
7 Gypsies canvas banner $5
The rest of the costs are optional! Just embellish with what is in your home!
For those of you wondering what font I used, I downloaded the FREE font Jack Lantern from HERE !