12 days of Christmas Advent Calendar
-Muffin Tin (I bought mine from Walmart)
-1 pkg Letter Stickers (I used American Crafts Daydream Foam Thickers #43062)
-1 pkg My Minds Eye 12 Days of Christmas Chipboard Elements 12D101..available on our website
-12x12 Double Sided Cardstock (I used My Minds Eye 12 Days of Christmas “Tinsel” 12D118, “All the Trimmings”12D111, “Joy” 12D114, “Merry & Bright” 12D115, “Peppermint Patty” 12D116)... all available on our website
-Black Ink Pad
-Black String (available on our website)
-Rhinestone Stars (available on our website)
Cut 12 papers to be 3.25” x 3.25” (I used “Tinsel”, “All the Trimmings”, “Joy”, “Merry & Bright”)
Cut 12 papers to be 2.75” x 2.75” (I used the red “Peppermint Patty” for these)
I LIGHTLY inked the edges of the papers with Black ink.
Assemble each square as it is shown in the pictures. Here are just a few hints:
I used a black pen to trace around each shape just to add dimension.
#4 and #12 used a cute rhinestone star for the tree.
#5 and #8 also has a split chipboard shape (same as #1 and #2) and I also put a rhinestone star on each tree.
#10 and #11 also have the split chipboard
You will want to round the edges of #1, #3, #10 and #12 if your muffin tin is rounded like mine. I did one corner and then used it as a stencil for each of the other corners. This helped to make it symmetrical.
I had to use some letters to recreate some of the 1’s on the calendar. It was easy, I just cut them!
Attach magnets to the back of every edge of the squares so it will stick to the muffin tin.
If you want to reuse the muffin tin, you can attach the “Merry & Bright” label with a magnet. If you want it permanent, you can use a hot glue gun to attach it.
EVERYTHING ON OUR WEBSITE IS CURRENTLY 40% OFF THROUGH TOMORROW, DECEMBER 1 AT MIDNIGHT TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS OFFER, USE THE PROMO CODE clear1111
**If you love this project, LIKE our Facebook Page and leave a comment... we will draw a winner using random.org on Friday at midnight. The winner will receive this already made!
Ideas of how you can use your advent calendar:
1) Fold up some of your favorite Christmas Stories and put it in each square to read with your family each night. I have another blog and HERE IS A POST with some Christmas Story printouts.
2) Put some of your favorite Christmas Songs and Book titles in each square. Before bed, you could sing a song or read a favorite Christmas Book as a family.
3) Put a candy in each square
4) Put small gifts in each square
5) Chose favorite Christmas activities you could do each night to put in each square.
6) Put small ornaments in each square that you could hang on the tree each night.