Sunday, August 28, 2011
Tomorrow on Good Things Utah!!! Birthday Reminder Project
This classy birthday hanger will look great on your wall to remind you of your next big celebration! You will make the birthday “mini album” using luggage tag holders. After the birthday has passed, you will simply flip the chart to the next page! This awesome decoration will make sure you NEVER forget your next important birthday again!
6x6 Designer Paper Pad (I used the My Minds Eye Breeze Pad LF2102 but check out our website for lots of other styles)
“Breeze” Fun Day Pearl Swirl LF2043
“Sunshine” Lovely Title LF2081
Luggage Tag Holders
1 silver 1” ring
1 metal hook (purchased at Rod Works)
Brown Ink Pad
Antique White Paint
Mod Podge & E9000 glue
Wood Frame with Bead Board insert (LIMITED availability on our website)
For the Frame:
2. When the paint has dried, sand the frame lightly. This will remove the wood “hairs” and make your project feel smooth. Then, apply a second coat of paint. Using Sand paper, “antique” the edges of the frame. Mod Podge the top of the wood frame.
5. Mod Podge to the top of the frame as shown. You can mod podge right over the glitter!
6. Cut the Pearl swirl and place on both sides of the title as shown. Here is a picture of how I cut the swirl:
For the Birthdays:
1. Cut as many papers as you will need for the birthdays from the 6x6 pad. They need to be cut to be 2 5/8” x 4”.
2. The pictures were printed to be 2”x2” and the photo matte behind the pictures are 2 ¼” x 2 ¼”.
3. Type the birthdays in your favorite word processer and then cut to adhere to the page. The font size I used was 18 and it was Baskerville.
4. Ink the edges of all papers with brown ink.
Most items for this project can also be found on our website www.aPage4allSeasons.com under the category "Good Things Utah" Project. You can also see more 6x6 paper selections under My Minds Eye in Lost and Found 2 and Six by Six.