I will be on Good Things Utah Today!!! I am going to be making these darling wood blocks! If you would like to purchase the wood to buy them, check out our website at http://www.apage4allseasons.com/ and you can look under GOOD THINGS UTAH CRAFTS. Check back later, we will be adding pictures of the brown blocks we did on the show as well!
These are a few of my favorite things blocks
2.5 x 2.5 blocks
1.5 X 8 wood (for 3 blocks), 1.5 x 10.5 wood (for 4 blocks)
Approx. 1 yard of Ribbon
2 sponge brushes
1 Rhinestone or other embellishment
1. Paint all the wood.
2. Lightly sand the wood in order to get it to feel more smooth. If you like the color to be more solid, you can do another coat of paint. I just do the one coat and the mod podge helps (later) makes it look “new” again.
3. Cut your pictures to be 2.5 x 2.5. Mod Podge to the top of the blocks.
4. Sand the edges of your paper. If you like a more “clean” look, you can use an exacto knife.
5. Do a coat of mod podge on the entire block.
6. Cut your paper for the base and mod podge onto the front of the block. Add any embellishments you would like (I used flowers and a black gem)
7. Tie all the blocks together with your favorite ribbon!
You can use pictures of your children, grand children, pets or… you can do pictures of you doing your favorite hobbies! The ideas are limitless!